Duties & Responsibilities
The Sanitation Services Department is committed to meeting the environmental needs of Normandy by:
- Conserving energy and resources throughout the City
- Planning for the City's future sustainability
- Protecting and renewing the City's natural resources
- Reducing the effect of pollutants in our City
The Department accomplishes this through a partnership with the Public Works Department.
The following is the schedule for trash pickup. These dates are subject to minor change bases on holidays.
- Monday's: Ward 1
- Tuesday's: Ward 2
- Wednesday's: Bulk Pick-up
- Thursday's: Ward 3&4
- Friday's: Recycling Wards 1, 2, 3, 4
Holiday Sanitation Schedule
There are 9 weeks in a calendar year that contain 10 holidays; New Year's Day, Martin Luther King's Birthday, President's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Included in the holiday list is the Friday’s following both Thanksgiving and Christmas. During a week containing on of the listed Holidays, our crew will work a four-day week. Regardless of what day of the week the holiday falls on, the collection procedure is the same:
- 1st work day of week, Ward 1
- 2nd work day of the week, Ward 2
- 3rd work day of the week, Wards 3 and 4
- 4th work day of the week, recycling wards 1,2,3,4
There is no heavy pick up service during the holiday weeks.
There is no recycling collection on the Friday after Thanksgiving.