Normandy has operated under the Council-Manager form of government since 1978. This system combines the strength of an elected Mayor and City Council with a professional manager and staff.
The City Administrator/Clerk's Office includes the:
- City Administrator
- City Clerk
It is the City Administrator's job is to make sure the policy decisions made by the City Council are carried out and that public services are delivered efficiently and effectively.
The City Administrator/Clerk is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the Council, which the Council may accept, reject, or modify
- Implementing any action taken by the Council
- Making budget recommendations to the City Council
- Overseeing 3 department managers, who supervise more than 50 employees
As a City Council-appointed, record-keeping officer, the City Clerk and staff are responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code.
These duties include:
- Archiving City Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions
- Administering beer, wine, and liquor licenses
- Maintaining boards and commissions applications and appointments
- Administering business licenses
- Maintaining City Council meeting and election materials
- Developing agreements and leases
- Administering dog licenses
- Providing Notary Public services (for residents only)
- Publicizing of legal notices
- Recording official documents
- Administering Special Events Permits