City Administrator – Job Post
City of Normandy, Missouri
• Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration or a related field
• Driver's License (Required)
• US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct, organize and control the activities of all City departments through several management personnel, under the policy direction of the City Council and the Mayor. A detailed list of responsibilities is available in the City Ordinances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following list of duties is representative of those performed within this position and not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the Essential Duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Manages and coordinates all City departments, agencies, and offices within budgetary mandates according to applicable laws, ordinances, resolutions, rules, and regulations. Supervises all administrative employees of the City.
· Serves as Chief fiscal and Administrative Officer for the City of Normandy. Researches, prepares, and presents reports and data to the City Council and Mayor including annual City operating budget, projects, and capital improvement plans. Attends and participates in Council and Committee meetings. Advises Council and Mayor regarding all city administrative matters and operations. Review’s policy issues and provides recommendations.
· Serves as Chief Administrative Assistant to the Mayor; establishes Agendas for the City Council Meetings as well as all Committee Meetings.
· Administers the annual budget. Prepares and implements City capital improvement plan. Ensures budget compliance and directs corrective budgetary procedures/policies. Monitors expenses, revenues, personnel allocation, facilitates use, and materials and equipment acquisition and use.
· Directs City-wide and more specific strategic planning and monitors goals and objectives implementation. Gathers, prepares, and interprets data and information. Conducts supervisory staff meetings as needed.
· Assesses staffing levels and effectiveness. Analyzes and directs work procedures. Establishes deadlines and project goals.
· Oversees personnel policies and administers labor relations. Recommends Department Head selection, discipline, discharge, transfers, and salary increases. Acts on employee problems to ensure effectiveness and productivity.
· Monitors County, State and Federal legislation and administrative rules that impact the City.
· Communicates official plans, City legislation, policies, and procedures to the public through the news media, public presentations, and correspondence. Works with community groups regarding community affairs. Responsible for keeping the public informed, with approval of the mayor, in the purpose and methods of the City government through all available news media and all city press releases.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned by City ordinance.
Minimum Requirements – Education Certification and Experience
Bachelors’ degree in Public Administration or closely related field required. Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities as that stated above will be considered. Valid Driver’s License and ability to be insured under the City’s insurance carriers.
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some exposure to weather and outdoor conditions from time to time.
• Driving between City locations and functions is routine.
• Frequent contact with federal and state officials and administrators, the public, and internal contacts requiring tact and diplomacy are requirements of the job.
• Working remotely is not acceptable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
City of Normandy
Attn: Mayor Mark Beckmann
7700 Natural Bridge Road
Normandy, MO 63121
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000 per year
Number of hires for this role: 1
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time-off
• Retirement plan